Diyalogues proudly presents yet another (much-delayed) Liebster award acceptance post.
I was kindly nominated by Amy Lee of Past, Present, Future a couple of months ago for this award. I have long admired her way with words and her stories about her family leave me with a buttery warm feeling of nostalgia. Do check out her blog if you enjoy reading stories about ordinary lives written in an extraordinary way.
What made you start blogging?
I have written about this here.
What is the most difficult part of blogging?
Personally, I find it difficult to stick to a blogging schedule. Recommendations seem to range from posting daily to at least twice a week. I consider myself lucky if I can put out one good post a week! But I’d rather publish one great post a week than a couple of mediocre ones. So until I get better at managing my time, I will continue to write and post as my schedule allows.
Do you think you can ever criticize or disagree with somebody’s blog or post?
I have had one instance where I disagreed with what the blogger seemed to be implying in her post. I had to remind myself that often language and tone can be grossly misunderstood on an online forum and she probably didn’t mean to say what I think she did.
How did you choose the name of your blog?
Again, this is something I have explained here.
What are your best tips and tricks for new bloggers?
I’d hardly consider myself qualified to be doling out tips and tricks. But one thing I found supremely useful when I first started out was the WordPress Community Pool. It a great forum to post your requests for help and the community is very forthcoming with suggestions and advice.
Describe yourself in 3 words
Creative. Organized. Sensitive.
Name one thing you love and one thing you hate?
I love Baskin Robbins’ Jammin’ Jamoca shake.
I hate cockroaches. HATE them! H.A.T.E!!!
How do you decide what your next post will be?
In my infinite wisdom, I decided not to constrain my blog to any particular topic. This might be completely against blogging gurus who yell from the rooftops that “You must find your niche!”. Well, my niche is eclecticism. That pretty much gives me free reign to write about anything my heart desires. I believe this works best for me and gives me the opportunity to create content that excites me (and hopefully a few readers).
Have you ever had writer’s block & what did you do to help?
Not so much writer’s block as writer’s laziness. I am trying to be more organized about scheduling posts and keeping some back up drafts in case I am not able to write for a while. Let’s see how long that resolution lasts.
What do you think of my blog?
Visiting Amy Lee’s space on the web feels like visiting a cozy, old family home. There are portraits of much-loved family members up on the walls and Amy Lee is a warm guide, walking you through the halls and regaling you with their stories.
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
- I have a teddy bear in my cupboard wearing an actual baby diaper. Don’t ask!
- As long as we’re on the teddy subject, I have a stuffed bear from my first birthday that for some unfathomable reason has six legs. SIX! What sort of monster bear is that?
- I love dressing up but am too lazy (Ahem! busy) to actually put in effort towards looking presentable. So on most days I walk out the door in jeans. tees and a ponytail.
- I hold on to clothes that are too small for me, dreaming of the day I might fit into them again.
- I once lied to a gym instructor about how many steps I log on my fitness tracker on an average day. In my defense, she is the one who drove me to do this.
- The highest step count I’ve ever managed on my fitness tracker was close to 22k while I was on my solo trip in Europe.
- I often have ice cream for lunch. I think we’ve established my passion for Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge.
- I do not like pineapples.
- I can drink an avocado milkshake any time of day or night.
- I enjoy the process of cooking but detest the work involved. If only someone would lay out ingredients for me like on those cooking shows.
- I have a terrible memory. I can’t remember what my last fact was supposed to be.
- Shedding Light
- Emma’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Travels with Choppy
- Reader, I wrote it
- Cornflakes Overload
Because I am lazy I am going to use the same questions I came up with for my last Liebster.
- Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
- Link us up to your favorite blog post till date. Is this the post that gets the most traffic on your site?
- Tell us about a time when a stranger’s kindness overwhelmed you.
- Now what is the kindest thing you have ever done for someone?
- What is your saddest moment?
- And now cheer up… what is your happiest moment?
- What was your most embarrassing moment? No skipping this question please. We could all use a good laugh.
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be? Think polar bears, otters or stick insects. Get creative!
- What is your favorite quote? Go on, inspire us!
- Think of the person you love the most in this world. Now if you could change one thing about this person, what would it be?
- What is your ultimate holiday destination and if you haven’t been there already, why not?
Until next time…