The Internet is a fickle thing. I realize now that I have lost two of my previous blogging award nominations because those links have now become inactive.
So I figured it was high time I caught up on my pending awards before they too are lost forever in the megabytes of time.
I was delighted when Nadira of Nadi’s Culinary Journey nominated me recently (recently being a relative term) for the Liebster award.
Nadi is an absolute sweetheart and her site is packed with loads of yummy recipes and hunger-pang-inducing photographs. So go on… pay her a visit. You may just find a dish or two you are dying to try out 🙂
Thank you so much Nadi for nominating me! Now without further ado, let’s get started…
ANSWERS TO NADI’S QUESTIONS
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I have already written about this here so will not bore you again.
2. What is your strength?
Hmmm… interesting question. I’d like to think I am a good listener. I can listen patiently as people talk endlessly about their day and even enjoy it to be honest. Given a choice I’d much rather listen than talk!
Disclaimer: My hubby would probably vehemently disagree! He is the one person I can get away with jabbering to as much as my heart desires because apparently he is even more patient than I am! 😛
3. Which is your most favorite food?
Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge. Because the world simply was not worth living in until this flavor was invented and the day they discontinue it will be the day I curl up in a ball and give up on life.
4. Which cuisine you really wanted to try from the place of its origin?
We’ve been lucky enough to try some amazing food on our travels. My favorite till date would have to be Vietnamese cuisine. I would gleefully fly all the way there again just for a meal. What? You thought I was kidding?
If I had to pick another foodie destination, it would have to be Italy. Although we did breeze through Rome on an all too brief stopover, it was nowhere near enough to sample the local cuisine thoroughly. I MUST go back some day to do justice to those pizzas, pastas and let’s not forget the tiramisu!
5. Which camera do you use to click the photography for your blog?
I alternate between my Samsung s5 camera (you all know how lazy I am) and a Nikon D7200 which I basically use as a point and shoot. (Shameful, I know).
6. What is a good thing which you learned through blogging?
I learnt the art of patience and perseverance. I learnt that blogging is hard work. It is not simply a matter of dashing out mistake-riddled posts but takes great thought and effort to craft a gem you can be proud of and that will resonate with your readers.
7. What health tip do you religiously follow to maintain your body & soul’s health.
Health tip? Huh? From a Couch Potato? Ummm… I think I’ll pass.
8. Who is your role model?
I don’t really have anyone as a designated role model. How conceited does that sound? 😛 There are of course people I admire and who I try to emulate. I mostly try to see the best in people I meet in my daily life and see what I can learn from them.
9. What makes you happy?
Travel. Good food. The love of family. The company of close friends. Being able to see the goodness in people. Being busy to the point of exhaustion. Not necessarily in that order.
10. What is the best thing which you love about the place you live?
Oddly enough what I love about life here is also what I dislike about life in the UAE. And that is how ‘easy’ life is here. Because that also means people are often way too lazy for their own good (self included!). I mean come on, get out of your car and walk 5 steps to the baqala (small convenience stores) and pick up your own soft drink or cigarette pack! Don’t double park outside, incessantly blaring your horn for the shopkeeper to fetch your cigarettes!
11. Which country you wish to visit with your better half?
Now that we’ve already visited Greece (not that I would mind going again!), I think my next biggest dream is to see the Northern Lights. This desert girl will probably freeze to death in those sub-zero temperatures but what a way to go! Wouldn’t you agree?
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am a Gemini. And while I do not place much stock in star signs I have many characteristic Gemini traits that sometimes make me wonder…
- I once ate 9 slices of bread for breakfast each slathered in pineapple jam. In my defense, we were living in a college hostel at the time and bread was a Sunday morning treat. Can you blame me for loading up?
- My friends and I once pretended to be the Famous Five to solve the mystery of who had been leaving notes on our classroom blackboard. The mystery remains unsolved to this day.
- I used to take guitar lessons but was disappointed to learn that you couldn’t play a song after your very first lesson.
- My unruly hair is the bane of my existence.
- I work in Human Resources.
- I had a rescue kitten named Bobbie who captured my heart but we had to give up.
- I love the color blue and purple is a recent contender for the top spot.
- I am incredibly stubborn (I prefer strong willed) and will dig my heels in until I get my way.
- I prefer Whatsapp over phone calls.
- My birthday is coming up next week. Wheeeee!
- The chronicles of my itchy feet – Don’t you just want to throw an award at a blog with a creative name like that? You must check her out if you have even a smidgen of wanderlust in you.
- Not a terrible mother – A hilarious series of accounts about life and parenting. Be warned – laughter is a natural side effect of any visit there.
- Unique Medley – Remya is a talented chef with recipes ranging from Indian to Continential to Mexican and Chinese. Her Onasadhya page brought back fond memories of our traditional Onam celebrations.
- Life of Abs – A relatively new blog on conscious health and fitness with some natural beauty thrown in for good measure.
- The funny in mommy – Just read Brooke’s latest post on the Kiss My Nipples game and you’ll see why I had no choice but to give her this award!
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
- Link us up to your favorite blog post till date. Is this the post that gets the most traffic on your site?
- Tell us about a time when a stranger’s kindness overwhelmed you.
- Now what is the kindest thing you have ever done for someone?
- What is your saddest moment?
- And now cheer up… what is your happiest moment?
- What was your most embarrassing moment? No skipping this question please. We could all use a good laugh.
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be? Think polar bears, otters or stick insects. Get creative!
- What is your favorite quote? Go on, inspire us!
- Think of the person you love the most in this world. Now if you could change one thing about this person, what would it be?
- What is your ultimate holiday destination and if you haven’t been there already, why not?
And to my nominees… absolutely no pressure to accept. I just love the excuse to dole out homework assignments. Buhahaha!!!
Until next time…
(Smileys courtesy emojipedia.org/Pinterest)